Tuesday, April 23, 2013

How did this Class effect me?


This class has allowed me to test the water with almost every position in filmmaking. The only position I did not have was director and I am completely fine with that. I found out that I did not care for being a producer and that I don’t particularly like making documentaries. I did, though, find out that DP is a field that I would be interesting in learning more about. I really liked working with the camera adjusting the aperture and the focus. I feel like I learned a great deal of information about lighting within the camera and all the functions that go along with it to make your picture look that much better. Finally, I realized for sure that I love editing! This class has made my love of editing grow significantly and I am positive that this is the field I want to focus on and pursue in a career!

Over all I learned that filmmaking is a very very long and tedious process and every small detail matters! The more detailed you are in preplanning the more organized the production and post-production work will be. It makes life so much easier in post-production to have a written set script to use as your guidelines. Also in production having an organized shot list set to the most effective order will help make the shoot run smoothly and will work as a check list to make sure no shots gets left out.

I really enjoyed this class and can’t wait to learn more in future production classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment