Monday, January 21, 2013

Lighting from a Different Perspective

Sunsets 

I think it's crazy how different things look in the morning, during the day and at night. Personally I think a sun set is one of the most amazing views anyone could experience in their life. The way the sun changes the colors in the sky is magnificent. My favorite place, out of the few I have been to, to watch the sun set is on top of the rebuilt Belleair Bluffs bridge in Clearwater Florida. The way the entire sky turns orange with splashes of red and yellow with that great big sun setting on the gulf is so peaceful and relaxing. When watching the sun set on the bridge all the houses and complexes between me and the gulf turn into silhouettes and for a few short minutes there is a silent presence in the area where nothing else matters and everyone is equal. There is no rich or poor, there are no questions and there isn't a rush to move on to the next thing.    

Sitting Under a Shady Tree

While sitting in the shade of a large oak tree I observe my surroundings, I observe the people walking by, I notice the occasional car driving by in the distance and I notice the animal and plant life that constantly moves around me. While I am in the lovely and cool shade I realize how the light on every object is different! For a person, depending on the direction they are standing, the sun (or any light natural or not) will create shadows on the face, the body and even in their surrounding parameters. It was fascinating to watch the chance in appearances from person to person solely based on the direction of light and the direction they were standing or walking. I saw how certain lightings can change a mood in itself without having to change the persons appearance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment